Saturday, November 20, 2010

HP7 ***Spoiler Alert!***

Alright, normally I'm not a movie critic (though most of my friends are...), but I thought that Harry Potter 7 deserved a critique.

***Warning- If you have not seen Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, stop reading while you can. CONTINUE AT YOUR OWN RISK! If I spoil it for you, don't blame me- you're the one who's still reading***
Overall, the movie was amazing. I thought it followed the book pretty well, though some major-ish details were left out. It was kind of slow; it lasted over two hours and hardly any important events occurred (except for killing a few Horcruxes... actually, it was only one, wasn't it?).
Here's what I loved about the movie:
1. The multiple Harrys just crack me up (especially the one in a dress...)
2. They got Fred and George's lines right when George loses an ear... 'I feel saint-like' ahh, gotta love the Weasley twins.
3. The wedding was just as I imagined it (and I loved Fleur's dress!)
4. The whole scene at the Ministry of Magic? Loved it!
5. I thought the scene when Harry and Hermione dance was so touching and cute- even though it wasn't in the book, I thought it fit in perfectly. (and I still think Harry and Hermione are a cuter couple)
6. When they destroy the Horcrux locket- it was perfect... and they got the doe Patronus right!
7. Really, just the entire movie in general. It was downright amazing.
There were a few things that disappointed me...
1. This has to do with Hedwig. In the very beginning, while they were flying in Hagrid's motorcycle, Hedwig was supposed to be in a cage, but in the movie she was flying. And Harry claims that it was Hedwig made him different from the other Harrys, but in reality it was when he stunned Stan Shunpike instead of killing him.
2. Also, what ever happened to trying to stay undercover? Hagrid and Harry were zooming in and out of traffic, and causing accidents. I think its safe to say that the Muggles noticed...
3. Hagrid and Harry never went to Tonk's house- they were supposed to Apparate there to the Burrow (reflecting back on Half-Blood Prince- why the heck did they burn down the Burrow?!)
4. Lupin never stopped by at Grimmauld Place.
5. Harry never gave Kreacher the locket (which was really disappointing, because I liked Kreacher a whole lot better after he had the locket).
6. What was up with Ginny? She really disappoints me sometimes...
7. Wasn't Wormtail supposed to die?
8. Mad-eye Moody's death was clearly under-done. I was prepared to cry. And I didn't
9. DOBBY COMES BACK TO THE HARRY POTTER SERIES AFTER BEING LEFT OUT OF GOBLET OF FIRE ONLY TO DIE?!?! What is this world coming to?
10. The scene with Xenophilius Lovegood was all wrong. It was just wrong.
I would definitely recommend this movie to all Harry Potter fans. It was amazing, and they stuck to the book so well! I can't wait to (hopefully) see it again with my cousins this week. And oh, did I mention I'm going to the WIZARDING WORLD OF HARRY POTTER on Friday?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment