Friday, November 4, 2011

People, I'm Finally Gonna Do It

I'm finally going to actually finish a novel. Ever heard of NaNoWriMo? Also known as National Novel Writing Month? Basically, the goal is to write 50,000 words in 30 days. That's right. 30 days. That's an average of 1,667 words per day. It is currently day 4, and I already have 11,677 words (not to brag or anything). Or, you could say it this way: I am 23.35% finished my novel. My novel. That's got a nice ring to it, doesn't it? My novel. Hehe.

So, in order to complete my novel in 30 days, I knew I had to sacrifice something. Of course, I had to be all over-achiever and give up Facebook AND tumblr. This has been harder than I thought. I have no means of distraction to procrastinate with. That was the intention behind it, though. And I guess that's why I'm blogging for the first time in months. Hehe, sorry about that... been a busy year, you know?

And here I am, procrastinating further when I should be writing. But hey, daylight savings is coming up. One more hour added to the day. Most people are going to use it for sleep. I might use it for noveling. Or sleeping, sleeping is nice, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment